Arranged into two series: Series 1, Executive records, 1935-1985; Series 2, Scrapbooks, 1935-1984.
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of the Faculty Women’s Association’s minutes, binders, financial reports, membership information, general files, and scrapbooks.
The Faculty Women’s Association was established in 1935 and was dissolved around 1985. The members were faculty members, retired faculty members; spouses of faculty, the Institutional Council, State Board of Higher Education, or a retired member. In 1969 the membership was changed to only include full time faculty members, spouses of full time college staff, retired or widows or wives of retired members, and women or spouses of the Board of Trustees. Those who had previously been members could be reinstated if requested. There were annual dues, elected officials, and several committees. The purpose of the organization was to promote friendship and to support the growth of the college. The dues would go towards social events and donations to different organizations and departments.
This Collection is indexed under the following controlled access subject terms.
Universities and colleges--Accounting.
Women--Societies and clubs.
Women--Societies and clubs--Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Conditions Governing Access:
The collection is open for research use.
Materials were acquired from Faculty Women’s Association (1985-09, 1987-14, and 1999-04).
[Item identification], Faculty Women’s Association records, 31-01-001, Weber State University Archives, Ogden, Utah.
Received from Faculty Women’s Association from approximately 1985-1999.