The Utah Construction Company/Utah International Archives was donated to the Special Collections Department of the Stewart Library by Edmund W. Littlefield of San Francisco in October 1999. The acquisition consists of records pertaining to the construction and mining activities of the company. In the manuscript records, the Board of Directors and employees often refer to Utah Construction Company as �Utah.� The Thomas D. Dee Family donated �An Inventory of Corporate Records: 1906 to 1961� in 1988. Information on this collection (MS 50) can be found in Special Collections. Arrangement of the archives (MS 100) is based on the original arrangement from the Utah International Archives. The records are broken down into five categories: Administration, Construction, Mining, Land Development, and Historical Items. Photographs (MS 100-p) have been recorded in a separate register. The records range in date from 1898 to 1984 with most of the collection dating from 1920 to 1960. Included are agendas, minutes, journals, ledgers, financial statements, banking records, correspondence, memoranda, subject files, reports, plans and drawings, and scrapbooks. Approximately 70% of the collection consists of loose photographs and photograph albums, primarily of projects conducted by Utah from the 1880's to 1970. The following departmental polices govern the use of all material housed in Special Collections: 1) Books, manuscripts, and photographs do not circulate. Research of collection materials must be undertaken in the departmental reading room. 2) Use of pens is prohibited when working with collection materials. 3) Permission to remove materials for photocopying must be obtained from a Special Collections staff member.; Organizational History
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.