The Pingree School was constructed in 1893 on 30th Street and Pingree Avenue in honor of Job Pingree, who had been an advocate of better public schools. The original building cost just over $17,000 with George McCabe as principal and three teachers. Over the years, additions were made to the building to include more classrooms, heating and ventilation, an auditorium and a library. By 1912, the school had 18 teachers. Pingree became one of the first schools to offer a school lunch program under W.P.A. leadership.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.