In 1892, the Madison school was erected at the site of the previous Lester Park School on Madison between 24th and 25th Streets. At a cost of just over $32,000 to build, the school was often referred to as "the most beautiful and commodious building in the city." The school originally had eight rooms with six more added in 1907. Classes included students from kindergarten to eighth grade.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.