The Third Ward School was established in 1854 after the State School law to serve the population in the northwest part of Ogden. Miss Bumiss served as principal of the school. Teachers at the school such as Miss Stanford and Georgiana Fellows made $30 a month. The school had an enrollment of 86 students in 1883. The Grant school grew out of the Third Ward School when the education system stopped being church operated.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.