The land for the new Sacred Heart Academy was purchased in 1881 for $20,000, but it was another ten years before the school could be built. Saint Mary's College of South Bend, Indiana paid for most of the construction of the school buildings. Sisters of the Holy Cross administered and did much of the teaching at Sacred Heart. The school opened in September 1892 and closed in June of 1938.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.