In 1902, Bishop Lawrence Scanlon dedicated Saint Joseph’s Catholic Church at its present site on 24th Street and Adams. The church was designed to follow the true Gothic style. Father Patrick Cushnahan arrived in Ogden from Ireland in the fall of 1881. Under his guidance the Catholic congregation in Ogden continued to grow. Its members were first mostly Italians and now in later years has become a force in the Hispanic community.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.