On October 1, 1889, the Ogden Military Academy opened with 70 resident students and 50 cadets at 200 North Washington Boulevard. It was advertised as a "boarding school for boys and men strictly military in character." The school charged each cadet a fee of $750 per year to cover his schooling and room and board. The school had varied academic courses and some were taught under the direction of United States Army officers. By 1897, the school became the State Industrial School.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.