Mound Fort Schoolhouse was first erected in 1867 on 12th Street and Washington Avenue. It was built of brick and had a seating capacity of 70 students. In 1892-93, a new building was constructed at the cost of $11,716. The principal in 1896 was J. M. Bishop with just three teachers. By 1905, there were 11 teachers at Mound Fort. By 1922, the school had become Mount Fort Junior High.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.