Only a year after the academy opened, the Weber Stake Board of Education decided it had outgrown its Second Ward facilities and moved to the Ogden Tabernacle on Washington Boulevard and 22nd Street. However church leaders then worried that, given the pressures of the Edmunds-Tucker Act passed by Congress to expunge polygamy, the tabernacle might be seized by the federal government since it was being used to house non-religious studies.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
The Weber State University 50th Anniversary Collection is made up of a collection of photographs and oral history quotes that document the moving of Weber College from its original campus in downtown Ogden to its current home on Harrison Boulevard in 1954. The photographs document Weber College’s early days and the struggle to move to a new campus to accommodate the growing student population.