To answer those concerns and meet the needs of the growing student body, the church purchased property on the west side of Jefferson Avenue between 24th and 25th Streets. In 1908 the school's name changed to the Weber Academy. The campus soon expanded into additional properties and buildings.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
The Weber State University 50th Anniversary Collection is made up of a collection of photographs and oral history quotes that document the moving of Weber College from its original campus in downtown Ogden to its current home on Harrison Boulevard in 1954. The photographs document Weber College’s early days and the struggle to move to a new campus to accommodate the growing student population.