The prisoners of war maintained both a band and an orchestra. The band, with a membership of 28 musicians was organized in May 1943, for the entertainment of the prisoners, and gave concerts once a week. A number of the instruments were contributed by . . . the Catholic Church; others were loaned by the Depot Quartermaster.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.