Morgan County Historical Society Como Springs Resort
The Como Springs Resort was formed from a geological thermal water lake and organized by Samuel Francis, Richard Fry and Dr. Wadsworth with a combined capital of $1500.00. In 1889 the grand opening of the resort brought in the locals and the resort's reputation for relaxation and healing began to spread. Because of economic depression, in 1896 the resort had to close its doors. In 1921, the Heiner family reopened the resort and it thrived until 1986 when, because of insurance costs, the resort closed its doors permanently. This collection contains 117 historic photographs ranging from 1889 to 2010.